LEGION POST 507 HISTORY
American Legion Post 507 received it's charter on December 5, 1934. Our current Post building began life in 1940 as a town theater built and donated by the Silver screen actor, William S. Hart. The building was dedicated on May 23, 1941 and continued to show movies (At least one Western a week was Mr. Hart's request) throughout the 1960's.
The theater lasted until 1965, at which time it was closed and the building converted to use by Post 507 members for activities and entertainment.